NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — D'Amours Big Y was closed Wednesday morning after construction workers were apparently overcome by carbon monoxide.
The supermarket is revamping part of its store to include a cafe area.
Fire Director Stephen Meranti said a call was received at about 7:30 a.m. that two people were feeling effects that could be attributed to carbon monoxide. Both were taken to North Adams Regional Hospital where they were being treated.
Carbon monoxide poisoning causes symptoms including lightheadedness, headaches and confusion.
Firefighters and personnel from North Adams Ambulance Service remained on scene until the building could be cleared. It was expected to reopen at about 11 a.m.
iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue. Name-calling, personal attacks, libel, slander or foul language is not allowed. All comments are reviewed before posting and will be deleted or edited as necessary.