Teachers in the Lanesborough and Williamstown elementary schools and at Mount Greylock Regional School have filed a series of unfair labor practice complaints with the state Department of Labor Relations, according to a statement released on Monday.
As secretary of administration and finance in under Gov. Deval Patrick's administration, Jay Gonzalez took a number of trips to the Berkshires.
Patrick, who owns a home in Richmond, used to hold cabinet meetings, bringing state secretaries from various parts of government together. Gonzalez doesn't see that same level of commitment from current Gov. Charlie Baker and the Needham Democrat says he'll make sure the Berkshires are a priority in Boston.
Board of Health member David Rhoads told the rest of the board last week that he recently attended the Mass Recycling Center Workshop where he was updated on initiatives available to communities to help promote recycling.
The needle exchange program has collected more than 15,000 dirty needles in the first five months of this year.
According to Berkshire Health Systems Director of Infection Prevention and Control Michael Perreault, that shows the need for the disease prevention program is there.
The project in its entirety is slated to cost $455,000 and the city is requesting $318,500, or 70 percent of the project, from PARC. The remaining 30 percent ($136,500) will come for the next round of Community Development Block Grant funds.
Tom Patti considered it a compliment to have his art in the same building as Norman Rockwell and Alexander Calder.
Patti had his work commissioned for the Berkshire Museum. He has pieces at the entrance, the foyer, and in three other locations. But now, Patti doesn't feel that the museum values local artists.
Berkshire Bike and Board is finding a burgeoning market in e-bikes.
Electronic bicycles have been in existence for more than a decade but only recently has the technology began to take hold in the Berkshires. The bicycles are just like traditional bikes and made by traditional bike manufacturers, but come with a small battery-powered motor attached to the crank to help assist with the peddling.
Airport Manager Gloria Bouillon has taken a new job in Beverly.
Bouillon has been on the job since February of last year and is credited with moving a number of improvement projects along, increasing revenues, and positioning the airport for years to come. She came to Pittsfield from Colorado, citing Pittsfield as an airport with great potential.
Now retired from their respective fields in education and medicine, the Pellishes have dedicated themselves to social action, social awareness and social justice for the temple and in the greater community.
Commissioner Bruce Shepley told the commission Wednesday that although they may have found a proper storage shed to meet cold storage needs at Bellevue Cemetery, actually purchasing it may be a problem.
District Attorney Candidates Paul Caccaviello and Andrea Harrington have taken aim at each other over the last few weeks.
Caccaviello first challenged Harrington's fitness for office, saying she doesn't have the "basic qualifications" needed.
A Vermont motorcyclist was injured Thursday afternoon after colliding with a pickup truck.
Police say just before 1:30 in the afternoon when John Bailey, 56, of Cheshire turned out of Unistress on Cheshire Road and collided with the northbound motorcyclist Cassius Bradford, of Stamford, Vt.
The legislation creates a framework in which eligible voters will be automatically registered to vote when receiving services from the Registry of Motor vehicles, MassHealth, and other participating state agencies.
Police say a 21-year-old city man attempted to pull a gun on police officers Wednesday night.
According to Police, officers and the Berkshire County Sheriff's Department attempted to apprehend Brandon Griffin and 19-year-old Tyra Alado on a warrant at Costanzo's Package and Variety. Griffin was reportedly wanted in relation to a shooting incident on July 5.
The Police Department is looking for a new place for firearm training.
The city has closed the shooting range on Utility Drive, off Holmes Road, following a challenge to the zoning laws. A group of residents in the area has been trying to get the range closed, citing safety and nuisance factors, and lodged a formal complaint saying the use of that property violated the city's zoning.