NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — The annual Fall Foliage Leaf hunt has begun, and the committee has released the first set of clues.
Colored paper leaves are hidden throughout the area and participants must solve the clues in order to find the leaves and win a prize.
The leaves are well hidden and the committee suggests persons search thoroughly to find them. When a leaf is found the person must sign their name on it and return it to the Mayor's office at City Hall, 10 Main St., North Adams, to claim the prize. One prize per household please.
There is also a phantom leaf hunt for homebound residents. Those participating in the phantom leaf hunt must send a postcard with their name address phone number and the answer to the clue to the Mayor's office City Hall, 10 Main St., North Adams. In the event of a tie, the earliest postmark will determine the winner. Only mailed postcards will be accepted no walk-ins please.
If there are any unsolved clues a second set will be released. This event will conclude on Oct. 10. Leaves will not be accepted after the 10th. At the conclusion answers to the clues along with the names of the winners will be announced. Prizes for the event are generously donated by area merchants.
Second set of clues:
1. Our local "bad boy"
2. And his heavenly rival
5. No moss here but plenty of geese!
6. Part of the AT
7. How power gets to the wheels.
10. Not to be confused with Laura's hometown.
The second set of clues for the phantom leaf hunt for homebound residents have been announced. Participants must mail a postcard with their name address phone number the number and answer to the Mayor's Office City Hall 10 Main St. North Adams MA 01247. Only mailed postcards will be accepted no walk-ins please.
1. Zellweger is the famous one
2. The school is no more
3 Polish Boy scouts?
The first set of clues are:
1. I'd rather laugh with the________
2. Than cry with the______________
3. Where East use to meet West
4. Hawks' surrender
5. It was created to stop horse racing, legend has it.
6. Iced drinks made with wine or sherry, sugar and lemon
7. Local broadcasts?
8. Where Ali brought Jake
9. Nathaniel Hawthorne called it Lebrida
10. Can I get syrup-making supplies here?
1. Russo, Descartes and Taylor
2. Where Rose G. Sherry worked
3. Zwiazek Harcerstwa Polskiego