Hurricane Sandy Cancellations & Closures09:57AM / Monday, October 29, 2012
This is not a complete list of closings - always call ahead to find out if your destination is open. Assume that most offices and businesses will close early today; openings for Tuesday will depend on weather conditions.
Friday, Nov. 2
• North Adams Public Schools' 21st Century after-school program canceled.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- Housatonic Academy in Pittsfield will be closed because of a power outage
Closings/Cancellations for Tuesday, 10/30
- Schools closed: North Adams, Pittsfield, Adams-Cheshire, Williamstown, Pine Cobble, Miss Hall's, Gabriel Abbott, Clarksburg, Lanesborough, Berkshire Arts & Technology, Berkshire Hills, McCann, MCLA, Central Berkshire, Lee, Lenox, Stamford (Vt.), Hancock, Mount Greylock, Pownal (Vt.), Richmond, Montessori School of the Berkshires and South Berkshire
- Williamstown Youth Center closed
- Berkshire Community College has canceled day classes; classes starting at or after 4 p.m. at all locations will occur as scheduled.
- Berkshire Food Project in North Adams
- Cheshire Library in the morning
- All North Adams city offices will open on at 11 a.m. This includes City Hall, the library and Mary Spitzer Center.
- The VNA & Hospice of Northern Berkshire walk-in clinic canceled
- Clarksburg Senior Center breakfast is canceled
- Tuesday evening's PechaKucha Pittsfield will be rescheduled.
- The Girl Scout 100th anniversary reception at the Stockbridge Library is postponed to a later date.
- United Cerebral Palsy offices will be closed in Pittsfield & North Adams
- VNA flu vaccination clinic scheduled for Tuesday at the Adams Council on Aging has been postponed to Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 9 to 11 a.m.
- NARH Art Program reception scheduled for Tuesday evening has been rescheduled to Monday, Nov. 5, from 5 to 7 p.m.
- The Williamstown Chamber of Commerce at 7 Denison Park Drive has rescheduled Tuesday's open house to Tuesday, Nov. 6 from 5 to 7.
- Dr. Messenger's office in North Adams closed
- Tuesday choir rehearsal at All Saints' Episcopal Church has been canceled.
- Lanesborough School's pumpkin contest is postponed to Wednesday, Oct. 31.
- Hoosac and Williamstown Savings banks and True North and Coakley, Pierpan, Dolan & Collins reopen on Tuesday at 10 a.m.
- Berkshire Housing Development Corp. reopens at 9. Call 413-499-1630, Ext. 100 for updated office hours.
- Pittsfield Family YMCA has normal operating hours Tuesday. Folks can call 413-499-7650, Ext. 10 for updates.
- Adams Community Bank will reopen on Tuesday at noon.
- Adams Town Hall, Library and COA will have a delayed opening of 11 on Tuesday morning. Residents should contact the COA at 413-743-8333 to see what services will be available.
- Sheffield Historical Society's Zombie Pumpkin Walk canceled
Send cancellations to info@iBerkshires.com