Franzoni Named New Brayton Principal
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — Pupils at Brayton Elementary School will see a new face at the helm when they head back to school in two weeks.
But not too new.
The new Brayton principal is John R. Franzoni, who spent last couple years as assistant principal and dean of students at Greylock and Sullivan elementary school. Franzoni has also been the Drury High School girls' basketball coach since 2002.
"Mr. Franzoni is a dedicated professional with a proven track record as an administrator who, I believe, will provide consistent and supportive leadership for our Brayton community," said Superintendent of Schools James Montepare in making the announcement on Wednesday.
Franzoni, who has 23 years experience in education, replaces Principal Sarah Madden, who left after three years to become principal of R.K. Finn Ryan Road School in Northampton.
He is a 1982 honors graduate of Drury High School and earned his bachelor of science in business administration from Bryant University in 1986 and his master of education in curriculum and teaching from Fitchburg State University in 2013, graduating with honors from both universities.
He is certified as a principal and assistant principal for Grades prekindergarten through 12 and is also certified for teaching mathematics for Grades 5 through 8. Franzoni is currently completing his superintendent certification.
"For those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Franzoni, I am providing you with a listing of his experience and what he will bring to the table," wrote Montepare.
- 2012-2013: Assistant principal at Greylock and Sullivan Elementary schools
- 2010-2012: Dean of students at Greylock and Sullivan Elementary schools
- 2005-2011: School district liaison to the Berkshire Juvenile Court in North Adams
- 2005-2011: Athletic director at Drury High School
Franzoni's awards, activities and achievements include:
- Member of the city's Park and Recreation Committee from 2006 to 2012
- Member of the School Building Committee
- Drury varsity girls basketball coach since 2002
- Served on MIAA Baseball and Sportsmanship state committees
- District G Athletic Director of the Year for 2009-2010
- Recipient of the WBEC/TD Bank North Sports Caravan Coach of the Year for Berkshire County Sports three consecutive years - 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07 - and the only coach in the 50-year history of the award to be so honored
- Awarded the MIAA Division 2 State Sportsmanship Award in 2013
Tags: Brayton School, principal,
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|