Tree Lightings & Holiday Events 2017
(Visit our Holiday Bazaars and Craft Fairs list for holiday fairs.)
Wednesday, Dec. 20
'BEER & CAROLS,' Pittsfield, 7 p.m.: Zion Lutheran Church presents “Beer & Carols” at the church, 74 First St., the fifth annual installment of its popular Christmas sing-along that s intended to gather people together for a lively night of popular Christmas carols and songs. Leading the evening will be pianists Amy Renak and Timothy Weisman, along with Daniel Broad on string bass. Light food and non-alcoholic beverages will be served to all; beer and wine will be available for purchase. There is no admission fee; aA free-will offering will be taken to support the Cathedral of the Beloved, an outdoor worship and meal ministry in downtown Pittsfield reaching the homeless and the underserved.
Friday, Dec. 22
'IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE' (1946), Great Barrington, 7 p.m.: The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center presents a free screening of Frank Capra’s 1946 holiday drama "It’s a Wonderful Life," starring Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. Designated the most inspirational movie of all time by the American Film Institute, "It’s a Wonderful Life" is a wonderful, feel-good movie to experience with friends and family.
Sunday, Dec. 24
LESSONS & CAROLS AT THE SOUTHFIELD CHURCH, New Marlborough, 7 p.m.: The gift of music continues at the Southfield Church as our ecumenical community choir presents its annual Christmas Eve service, A Festival of Lessons & Carols. The service begins with a rousing ringing of the old bell and lasts approximately one hour. A Lessons & Carols service is a simple service consisting of nine scripture verses (or lessons) followed by a carol sung by the choir and occasionally the congregation. The choir’s carol arrangements span from the traditional, such as “Silent Night” sung by candlelight, to the jazz influenced “Still, Still, Still” reminiscent of the sound of the jazz vocal group, The Singers Unlimited. Everyone in the community is invited.
Monday, Dec. 25
BE OUR GUEST CHRISTMAS DINNER, North Adams, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: The North Adams American Legion is sponsoring a Christmas dinner, featuring ham with soup, potato, vegetable and dessert. Those needing delivery can call 413-664-9004. All are welcome.
We will be adding new information on holiday events as they are submitted. Send information on your holiday events to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Tree Lightings
* ADAMS: Sunday, Nov. 26, 2-5 p.m., at the Adams Town Common. The tree-lighting ceremony will include free carriage rides and music, hot cocoa and coffee, and a visit from Santa.
* CLARKSBURG: Sunday, Nov. 26, 6 p.m. VFW Post 9144 and the Clarksburg Fire Department will host the annual Christmas tree lighting. All are asked to bring a non perishable food item to be donated to the Friendship Center Food Pantry in North Adams. Santa will be there courtesy of the fire department.
The town of Lanesborough will hold its annual tree-lighting ceremony at Memorial Park next to the police station. There will be refreshments and entertainment provided by the LES chorus.
LENOX: Friday, Dec. 1, 6 p.m. The annual Lenox Christmas Tree Lighting will be held in Lilac Park. There will be cookies, hot chocolate and visits with Santa following the tree lighting at the Lenox Community Center.
* LENOX DALE: Sunday, Dec. 3, 6 p.m. The annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Lenox Dale will feature Santa arriving by fire engine at Veterans Memorial Park at the intersection of Walker & Crystal streets to light the tree. Following the lighting, Santa will greet the children at the Fire Station on Elm Street where gifts and refreshments will be distributed. Santa will also pose for photos with the children.
* NORTH ADAMS: Wednesday, Nov. 22, 6 p.m. at Monument Square. Caroling with the Drury Band, hot chocolate and the arrival of Mr. and Mrs. Claus will arrive on the Fire Department's antique Mack Fire Engine with treats. Kicks off the annual Hometown Holiday. This year the Downtown Bike Around will join the procession down Main Street with bikes decorated in lights. (Raindate Dec. 1.)
* PITTSFIELD: Friday, Dec. 1, 6 p.m.: Pittsfield’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will be held at Park Square. The ceremony will include a performance by the Taconic High School Chorus, which will perform a variety of carols. Following the tree lighting, Santa and Mrs. Claus will make a special appearance; free hot chocolate will be available, courtesy of Patrick’s Pub. Those planning to attend the ceremony are asked to bring non-perishable food items that will be donated to the food pantry at the Christian Center, 193 Robbins Ave.
* SOUTH WILLIAMSTOWN: Sunday, Dec. 10, 5-7 p.m. The South Williamstown Community Association will host its tree lighting at The Store at Five Corners. There will be carol singing and refreshments; bring a flashlight to see the words on the song sheets. Stop by the Holiday Open House just next door at the Williamstown Historical Museum starting at 3:30 for a tour and music by Singing School as well as light holiday refreshments.
Tags: holiday event, tree lighting,
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|