North Adams Winterfest Set for Saturday09:49AM / Monday, February 10, 2014
Winterfest returns to downtown North Adams this Saturday. See photos from last year here.
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — The city hosts the 17th annual WinterFest from 10 to 4 on Saturday, Feb. 15, in the downtown.
Activities include hot chocolate, the annual chowder competition, ice sculpting, horse-drawn wagon rides, a community camp fire, and more.
Festivities will wrap up at Vietnam Veterans Memorial Skating Rink with a skate party from 4 to 7 p.m.
The main events are the Chowder Cookoff and ice sculpting on Main Street.
This year brings a few new activities in addition to traditional favorites. The DeMayo family's Bonnie Lea Farm from Williamstown will be offering pony rides, at $5 a ride, on Holden Street. This will be part of a fundraiser for a new equestrian team.
Also new this year is the fun-run/walk leaving from 85 Main St. at 10:30 a.m., led by Amanda Chilson from Mass in Motion. The run will follow the new designated walking loops in downtown North Adams.
A few community organizations will be set up downtown to hand out information about events, or do some fundraising. Officials from the Berkshire Black Bears pro hockey team will be on hand to tell people about North Adams' newest sports team, and the North Adams SteepleCats will be selling food as a team fundraiser, with Slider in tow. MVP Promotions will be set up handing out information and selling tickets to the East Coast SnoCross event at the Range, happening on Feb. 22 and 23.
The full schedule of events is listed below. All events are free unless otherwise noted.
• Ice sculpting on Main Street
• Community campfire and marshmallow roast on Holden Street
• Bracelet and headband making at MCLA Gallery 51, 51 Main St.
• Music at Eagle Street Music, 81 Main St.
10 to Noon
• Pony rides from Bonnie Lea Farm on Holden Street ($5 a ride)
• Cookies, cocoa, and face painting in the MountainOne Bank lobby
• Fun run/walk leaving from 85 Main St., and following the new walking loops created by Mass in Motion
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Once Around the Block Consignment Shop open house, 18 Holden St.
Noon to 2
• Chowder tasting at 107 Main St.
12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
• Blueberry Buckle Trio at Berkshire Emporium & Antiques (along with some berry-themed surprises), 59 Main St.
1 to 3 p.m.
• Horse-drawn wagon rides leaving from MountainOne Bank on Main Street
Info Booths & Vendors on Main Street
• The Range and MVP Promotions will display snowmobiles and sell tickets for the snocross event
• North Adams SteepleCats and Slider will sell food as a team fundraiser
• Berkshire Black Bears with information about the new hockey team hosted
WinterFest is sponsored by MountainOne and Adams Community Bank. For more information: 413-664-6180 or email@example.com.