BMC Confirms Hirings, Medical Practice Relocations
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — Berkshire Medical Center has provided an update on efforts to date in restoring emergency and medical services previously provided by the now defunct Northern Berkshire Healthcare.
As of today, Berkshire Medical Center has hired 143 former employees of North Adams Regional Hospital and NBH. This includes the physicians and other clinical support staff for the former NBH physician practices, VNA & Hospice of Northern Berkshire staff, physicians, nurses and staff for the planned Satellite Emergency Facility and other support services. Of these, 96 are permanent positions and 47 are temporary 90-day positions. Some of the temporary positions, depending on the ongoing needs of providing services and care in North Berkshire, may become permanent or extended beyond 90 days. Additionally, BMC has hired four former NARH/NBH employees to fill current open positions at the Medical Center.
• Northern Berkshire OB/GYN will continue practicing in its existing location inside North Adams Regional Hospital the remainder of this week, and effective Monday, April 14, will reopen on the second floor of 2 Park St. next to the Adams Town Hall. Phone number remains the same.
• Northern Berkshire Family Medicine will continue to practice in its existing location on State Road next to Harriman-West Airport. Phone number remains the same.
• Greylock Gastroenterology, Berkshire Hematology Oncology, Cardiology and Urology Services remain in practice in the Ambulatory Care Center on the grounds of North Adams Regional Hospital. The building is owned by a private entity not related to NARH and is unaffected by the NARH closure or bankruptcy.
Laboratory & Testing Services
Laboratory Blood Drawing Stations in North Berkshire have been set up in North Adams, Adams and Williamstown. They are located at:
• North Adams: Ambulatory Care Center, 77 Hospital Avenue, Berkshire Hematology Oncology office, open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays; this station will be relocated to another suite, also in the Ambulatory Care Center, in the near future, but a date has not been finalized for that move
• Adams: 19 Depot St., second floor of the Adams Internists building, also open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
• Williamstown: Williamstown Medical Associates continues to operate its blood drawing station at its Adams Road offices for its patients.
VNA & Hospice Care
Home care and hospice services continue uninterrupted in Northern Berkshire, with former employees of VNA & Hospice of Northern Berkshire hired as BMC employees, as both full-time and per diem staff. The per diem staff members are maintaining their previous work commitment at their request.
VNA & Hospice will be opening an office on the first floor of 26 Union St., North Adams, in the near future.
Ecu Healthcare also will be relocating in the near future to 26 Union St. in North Adams. Berkshire Health Systems is providing financial support to Ecu-Health Care to aid in facilitating the move. Ecu-Health Care is not affiliated with Berkshire Health Systems and continues as an independent agency assisting Northern Berkshire residents with access to health coverage.
BMC continues to maintain a toll-free Care Line for North Berkshire residents who have questions about accessing services, transportation or general health-care questions. That number is 855-262-5465.
Tags: doctors practice, medical, NARH, NBH,
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|