Kindergarten Registration Dates Scheduled Around County
Schools across Berkshire County are holding registration days for next year's kindergartners. Schools can submit their information to be added to this list to email@example.com.
* Adams: C.T. Plunkett Elementary School will hold kindergartden registration on Friday, March 10, from 8:30 to 2:30 p.m. in the office at C.T. Plunkett Elementary School, 14 Commercial St. Adams.
Incoming children must be5 years old by Aug. 31. Parents registering their children must bring their child’s birth certificate, immunization records and proof of residence. Call the office at 413-743-0876 with any questions.
* Adams: St. Stanislaus Kostka School is now registering for the 2017-2018 school year. Openings are available in grades pre-kindergarten through grade eight. Financial aid is available for qualified applicants. Schedule a shadow day at 413-743-1091.
* Clarksburg: Kindergarten registration has begun for the Clarksburg Elementary School. Call the school at 413-663-8735 to register your child for the fall. Children must be five years of age by August 31, 2017.
* North Adams: Kindergarten registration will take place on the following days, at the following times and locations: Monday, March 20, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Brayton Elementary School, 20 Brayton Hill Terrace; Tuesday, March 21, from 9 to 11 a.m. at City Hall, 10 Main St. and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Colegrove Park Elementary School, 24 Church St. (parking and entrance on East Main Street); Friday, March 24, from 9 to 11 a.m. at UNO Community Center, 157 River St.; Wednesday, March 29, from 9 to 11 a.m. at Mohawk Forest Community Center, 201 Mohawk Forest Blvd., and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Greylock Elementary, 100 Phelps Ave.; and Wednesday, April 5, from 9 to 11 a.m. at Greylock Valley Apartments Community Room, 48 Angeli St.
Children must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2017, to qualify for kindergarten. Children do not need to be present for registration.
Parents may attend any registration location that is convenient for them. Parents will need to bring the following to registration: two proofs of residency, one of which must be a settlement document on a new home, presentation of a lease or rental agreement, a landlord affidavit, or a recent mortgage statement or property tax bill, the other of which must be a recent utility bill, bank statement, payroll records or insurance bill; a photo ID, such as a license, state ID or passport; copy of child’s immunizations; copy of an updated physical or the date of an upcoming physical; copy of child’s birth certificate.
For more information, please call 413-664-7512 or 413-776-1666.
* Williamstown: Williamstown Elementary School will hold kindergarten registration on March 8-9 from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the school.
Parents of children who live in Williamstown and will be 5 years old on or before Aug. 31 should stop by to complete registration forms and meet briefly with Mrs. Burns in the principal's office and Mrs. Stein-Payne in the health office. The whole process should take about 20 minutes.
Parents should bring their child's birth certificate, a copy of the most recent physical with vision test and copy of your child's immunization records to date. Call 413-458-5707 with questions.