iBerkshires Storm Center: Closings & Cancellations March 8
A severe winter storm expected to dumped upwards of 2 feet of snow on the area, particularly over parts of the Northern Berkshires.
Schools are closed or had delayed openings. Adams, Clarksburg, Lenox, North Adams and Pittsfield declared snow emergencies: no parking on streets during the storm or in the hours afterward to allow for snow removal. Pittsfield's snow emergency was lifted on Thursday morning but North Adams has extended its until 8 p.m. on Thursday.
Below is a list of closures and cancellations for Thursday, March 8.
- Pittsfield trash pickup resumes Friday, schedule will be one day behind
- International Women's Day celebration dinner hosted by Flavours of Malaysia for the Elizabeth Freeman Center originally scheduled rescheduled for April 5.
- All Saints Berkshires Episcopal Church closed
- Berkshire Family YMCA opens at 9 a.m.
- No lunch at Berkshire Food Project
- Berkshire Museum opens at noon
- Lee Premium Outlets opens at noon
- Dr. Blanchard’s dental office is closed
- Greylock Federal Credit Union branches opening at 11 a.m.
Support Local NewsWe show up at hurricanes, budget meetings, high school games, accidents, fires and community events. We show up at celebrations and tragedies and everything in between. We show up so our readers can learn about pivotal events that affect their communities and their lives.
How important is local news to you? You can support independent, unbiased journalism and help iBerkshires grow for as a little as the cost of a cup of coffee a week.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|