Top 10 Things to Know about SVMC's Attempt to Claim the World Record for the Largest Jump Rope Race Ever
BENNINGTON, Vt. — Southwestern Vermont Health Care will attempt to claim the world record for the largest jump rope race on the day of its 100th anniversary on Sunday, June 10. Here's what you need to know:
1. The SVHC Auxiliary is generously sponsoring the attempt.
2. No record for the largest jump rope race has ever been set.
3. SVHC will attempt to claim the record at noon on Sunday, June 10, at its Centennial Community Day celebration. (Centennial Community Day features free food, games, performances, and more. All are invited. Visit the website for more information.)
4. The race will take place on the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center Campus at 100 Hospital Drive in Bennington, Vt.
5. The course is 0.2 mile or about 350 yards.
6. Participants should wear sneakers.
7. Advanced registration is available under the UCS Go the Distance 5K at active.com. (It's the first event listed when you search events in Bennington, Vt.)
8. Race-day registration will be available under the Community Exhibitor tent.
9. Bib and jump rope pick up will be at the parking lot closest to the Monument Avenue Entrance.
10. Special thanks go to the following, who are helping to document the record: Andrea Malinowski and the Training for More team; Frank Cody of Love, Cody & Company, CPAs; Cassandra Barbeau, Bennington town clerk; Jim Sullivan, executive director at Bennington County Regional Commission (BCRC); Andrea Salo, physical therapy assistant at Bennington Physical Therapy; Yolanda Palmer from UCS, Kelly Kimball and David Bentley, and Chris Wright.
Tags: , SVMC,