Berkshire Country Day School Holds Grade 8 Awards Ceremony
LENOX, Mass. — Berkshire Country Day School, an independent school for students in preschool through ninth grade, celebrated its seventh- and eighth-graders at an awards and end-of-year closing ceremony held Wednesday, June 13.
Certificates for completing the course of study through eighth grade were presented to Aurora Benson, Symaira Elliott, Donald Miller, and Will St. John, all of Pittsfield; Abbey Boyd of West Stockbridge; Anje Capala of Spencertown, N.Y.; Halle Davies of Lenox; Esme Lazar and Ryan Sonsini, both of Great Barrington; Jamie McDonnell of Old Chatham, N.Y.; Clara Mollerus of Otis; Keely O'Gorman of Lee; Alex Rodriguez-Benjamin and Sean Sylbert, both of Monterey; and Henry Van Schaick and Chase Vermeulen, both of South Egremont.
Eighth-graders were recognized for the following academic accomplishments:
- Abbey Boyd, Gail Heady Citizenship Award
- Anje Capala, Anna Zaffanella French Prize
- Halle Davies, Marilyn Orner Cromwell Art Prize
- Symaira Elliott, a Steffi Fletcher Creative Writing Prize
- Esme Lazar, Eighth-Grade Science Prize
- Clara Mollerus, Excellence in History Prize, Ned Douglas Mathematics Prize, and Eighth Grade Spanish prize
- Keely O'Gorman, Viv Murray Caputo Vocal Music Prize and a Steffi Fletcher Creative Writing Prize
- Chase Vermeulen, Marcia V. Jones Latin Prize
Seventh-graders were also recognized for academic accomplishments:
- Sam Creelan, East Chatham, N.Y., a Eugénie D. Fawcett Classics Prize
- Gus Geremia, Great Barrington, a Seventh Grade English Prize
- Miles Goldfarb, Hudson, N.Y., Virginia I. Peterson Citizenship Award
- Rafi Karpowitz, Hudson, U.S. History Prize, a Eugénie D. Fawcett Classics Prize, and Seventh-Grade Growth in French Prize
- Eli Mamousette, Craryville, N.Y., Theater Ensemble Prize and a Nancy Cowhig Growth in Mathematics Prize
- Esme Mamousette, Craryville, a Nancy Cowhig Growth in Mathematics Prize
- Lilah O'Neil, Stockbridge, Seventh-Grade Growth in Spanish Prize
- Petra Orloff, Ghent, N.Y., Seventh Grade Science Prize
- Samantha Seeley, Richmond, a Seventh-Grade English Prize
Tags: berkshire country day school, graduation 2018,
Support Local NewsWe show up at hurricanes, budget meetings, high school games, accidents, fires and community events. We show up at celebrations and tragedies and everything in between. We show up so our readers can learn about pivotal events that affect their communities and their lives.
How important is local news to you? You can support independent, unbiased journalism and help iBerkshires grow for as a little as the cost of a cup of coffee a week.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|