PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Williams College junior Sam Goldenring is on the bubble heading into today’s second round of stroke play at the U.S. Amateur Championship.
On Monday, Goldenring carded a 2-over-par round of 74 at Pebble Beach Golf Links, leaving him tied for 73rd place.
After today’s second round, the 312-player field will be pared to 64 for match play.
Goldenring is at the event with his Williams teammate and classmate Will Kannegieser, who finished at 7-over 78 at Spyglass Hill Golf Resort on Monday. That leaves Kannegieser tied for 236th place.
The first day ended in a tie atop the leaderboard, with Daniel Hillier and Trevor Phillips finishing at 4-under at Spyglass and Pebble Beach, respectively. The players will switch courses today for the second round.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Q&A: 'Big Sneakers to Fill,' Williamstown Phys Ed Teacher Retires After 43...
- Six Candidates Emerge for Vacant Mount Greylock School Committee Seat
- Womble Two-Hitter Lifts Taconic to State Title
- Mount Greylock Committee Hears Concerns About Turf Field Plan
- Mount Greylock School Committee Completes Superintendent Evaluation
- Taconic Tops Wahconah for Western Mass Crown