NORTH ADAMS, Mass. -- MetLife Friday rallied for nine runs in the seventh inning to break open a close game and earn a 24-11 win over Bigg Daddy's Philly Cheesesteaks and claim the Pat Torchia Softball League Championship.
The win snapped a 1-1 tie in the best-of-three championship series and gave MetLife its fifth straight league title.
Eight straight batters reached base and scored to open the seventh inning for MetLife, which shut down Bigg Daddy's in the sixth and seventh innings. Pitcher Melissa Girard stranded three and allowed no runners over the final two innings.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- North Adams Residents Presented With Five Possible Theater Parks
- North Adams Library To Prioritize Maintenance Projects
- Two More Join North Adams City Council Race
- BFAIR Purchases Redemption Center in North Adams
- Three Take Out Papers for North Adams Mayor
- Cumberland Farms Closes on North Adams Property