MIDDLEBURY, Vt. -- Holly Davenport carded a 79 Sunday to lead the Williams College women's golf team to a six-stroke win at the New England Small College Athletic Conference Championship at Ralph Myhre Golf Course.
The Ephs finished at 643 in the two-day event, seven strokes ahead of runner-up Amherst.
With an 82 on Sunday, Cordelia Chan was low for the Ephs with a 156 for the tournament. The medalist, Middlebury's Chloe Levins, finished at 152.
Williams also finished on top in the George Phinney Jr. Golf Classic, held concurrently with the league championship.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- MIT scored in the 79th minute to erase a 1-0 deficit and escape Cole Field with a 1-1 tie.
Williams' Sarah Scire scored in the second minute to give the Ephs (9-0-2) the early lead.
Olivia Barnhill stopped three shots for Williams.
The Ephs have two home games next weekend against NESCAC foes Wesleyan and Bowdoin.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Mount Greylock Committee Hears Concerns About Turf Field Plan
- Mount Greylock School Committee Completes Superintendent Evaluation
- Taconic Tops Wahconah for Western Mass Crown
- Pressure from Residents Puts Williamstown Bike Path Back on Track
- Mount Greylock School District Seeks Williamstown Resident to Fill Vacant...
- Mount Greylock Grads Told to 'Make Change Happen'