WESTFIELD, Mass. -- The Pittsfield Babe Ruth 15-year-old All-Stars exploded for 14 runs in the third inning en route to a 16-4 win over Westfield on Thursday to open the best-of-three Western Mass State Championship series.
Michael Britten, Sam Sherman and Jonathan Monahan each had a single and a double.
Owen Kroboth had a triple and a pair of RBIs, and Nick Hall drove in two with a single.
Sherman also was the winning pitcher, allowing three hits and giving up a run in four innings of work. Kaden Codey pitched the fifth.
Pittsfield hosts Westfield on Friday at 5:30 at Deming Park. If necessary, the teams will meet again on Saturday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Youth Works Participants Honored in Pittsfield
- Mazzeo Presses Tyer On Capital Projects Never Completed
- OLLI Forum Delves Into Issue of Ageism
- BCC Hosts Pittsfield Ward, Mayoral Debates for Preliminary Election
- Pittsfield Council Continues Discussion On Downtown Parking
- Pittsfield City Council Accepts Increased Chapter 70 School Spending Plan