PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- Chase Racine went 2-for-4 with a triple and a pair of RBIs to lead the Pittsfield Babe Ruth 14-year-old All-Stars to a 20-2 win over Chatham, N.Y., on Saturday.
Matt Lee, Collin Merwin and Chase Doyle combined on a six-inning no-hitter.
Lee started and went 3-1/3, striking out seven and walking seven before giving the ball to Merwin.
Offensively, Pittsfield pounded out 11 hits.
Merwin went 2-for-3 with a double, and Nick Guachione drove in four runs.
The Pittsfield 14s were tuning up for this week's trip to Rochester, N.H., for the New England Regionals.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New 'EforAll' Touches Down in Berkshire County
- Pittsfield's Ward 6 Candidates Vow to Serve Constituents
- Pittsfield Community Development Approves Two Marijuana Cultivator Site...
- Pittsfield Candidates Debate Needs of Ward 5
- Marchetti Wants to Continue Providing 'Professional Leadership' to Council
- Moon Looks to Bring Diverse Views to Council in Re-election Bid