|2011 - 2012|
MCCANN GIRLS BASKETBALL
- Feb 23 - McCann Ends the Year with Loss to Cathedral
Despite one of its best showings on the offensive end, the McCann Tech girls' basketball team couldn't slow down a potent Cathedral team, which pulled away in the second half for a 58-52 win at home.
- Feb 18 - Team Effort Helps Hornets Take Down St. Joe's
Seven different players scored baskets for the McCann Tech girls' basketball team on Saturday morning, as the Hornets built a big lead before hanging on for a 38-36 win over St. Joe's in the Coaches vs. Cancer Showcase.
- Feb 17 - McCann Bounced from Playoff Hunt with Loss
The Southwick girls' basketball team pulled away from McCann Tech in the fourth quarter on Friday night, eliminating the Hornets from playoff contention with a 40-34 win at home.
- Feb 16 - Hornets Handle Eagles for Third Straight Win
Senior guards Ashley Alibozek and Brittany Briggs combined to score 30 points to help lead the McCann Tech girls' basketball team to its third straight win, a 53-46 victory over Mount Everett on Thursday night.
- Feb 14 - Balanced Attack Carries McCann Past Sci-Tech
The McCann Tech girls' basketball team found its way on offense on Tuesday night, scoring a season-high in points in a 56-43 home win over Sci-Tech.
- Feb 10 - Hornets Stay in the Hunt with Blowout Win
Mary Nguyen, Brittany Briggs and Ashley Alibozek all scored in double figures, and the Hornets' defense put the clamps down on Putnam, helping the McCann Tech girls' basketball team to a big 43-18 win at home on Friday night.
- Feb 08 - Greylock Downs McCann with 3-point Barrage
Freshman guard Lucy Barrett drained four of her team's nine 3-pointers on the night, scoring a game-high 27 points in the process to lead the Mount Greylock girls' basketball team to a 55-30 road win over McCann Tech.
- Feb 03 - South Hadley Too Strong for McCann
A deep, big South Hadley girls' basketball team posted 10 players in the scoring column on Friday night, jumping on McCann Tech right from the start in a 53-25 win at the Hive.
- Feb 01 - Nguyen Keys Hornets Win over St. Joe's
Junior guard Mary Nguyen recorded a double-double with 14 points and 14 rebounds to push the McCann Tech girls' basketball team past St. Joe's 52-44 on Wednesday night.
- Jan 31 - McCann's Offense Stuggles against Hampshire
The Hampshire girls' basketball team held McCann Tech to just six points in each of the first three quarters, boosting the Red Raiders to a 48-33 win at home on Tuesday night.
- Jan 27 - Hornets' Win Streak Snapped by Mustangs
Although the McCann Tech girls' basketball team picked it up in the second half, the Hornets couldn't overcome a 30-12 halftime deficit, losing 44-34 to Monson at home on Friday.
- Jan 24 - Alibozek Goes Off Again in McCann Win
Ashley Alibozek continued her strong play for the third game in a row on Tuesday, scoring a career-high 25 points to drive the McCann Tech girls' basketball team to a 44-32 home win over Southwick.
- Jan 19 - Hornets' Strong Start Seals Second Straight Win
One game after scoring a season-high 16 points, senior guard Ashley Alibozek cashed in with a career-high 23 points to lead the McCann Tech girls' basketball team to a 46-37 road win over Sci-Tech.
- Jan 17 - Alibozek Sparks McCann to First Victory
Senior guard Ashley Alibozek scored all 10 of her team's points in the first quarter, helping the McCann Tech basketball team start strong in a 38-27 win at Putnam on Tuesday night.
- Jan 12 - Short-handed Hornets Fight Hard in Defeat
Despite missing three players to injury, the McCann Tech girls' basketball team put up its best defensive performance of the season against Holyoke Catholic on Thursday night. Unfortunately for the Hornets, however, they could not score enough points to avoid losing 31-20.
- Jan 09 - Offensive Woes Cost McCann in Latest Defeat
Despite a dedicated effort on the defensive end, the McCann Tech girls' basketball team just couldn't put enough shots into the basket on Monday, losing 49-30 to Belchertown for its fifth straight loss to start the season.
- Jan 05 - Second-half Slump Hurts Hornets versus Rams
Despite a 17-day layoff in between games, the McCann Tech girls' basketball team ran out of gas in the second half against Granby on Thursday, only managing seven points after the break en route to a 44-21 defeat at home.
- Dec 19 - McCann Drops Close Game to Everett
A poor fourth quarter ruined an otherwise solid game for the McCann Tech girls' basketball team, which was outscored 14-6 in the final frame on its way to a 40-35 road loss to Mount Everett on Monday.
- Dec 15 - Hornets Make Positive Strides in Loss to Gaels
Despite a game-high 16 points from senior Ashley Alibozek, the McCann Tech girls' basketball team lost its second game in a row on Thursday, dropping a narrow 38-33 decision to Holyoke Catholic at home.
- Dec 09 - Barrett Blows Up in win over McCann
Freshman Lucy Barrett scored a game-high 22 points, and the Mount Greylock defense came alive in the second half, holding McCann Tech to just five points after halftime on its way to a season-opening 54-20 win at home on Friday.