NORTH ADAMS, Mass. -- For the third time this season, MCLA's Bobby New has been selected as the MASCAC pitcher of the week.
The Pittsfield High graduate earned the honor twice in March for the Trailblazers. Sharing weekly honors with New was Andrew Miller of Worcester State. He was tabbed the conference's player and rookie of the week.
New put together two outstanding performances this week, both against Mass. Maritime. His week began on Friday by tossing a nine inning complete game shutout against the Bucs. He struck out 10 batters to earn his first win of the weekend.
Unexpectedly, New came back on Sunday out of the bullpen and tossed three more scoreless innings against MMA. He earned the win when MCLA walked off in the ninth inning. He allowed just 9 hits on the week.
New is now 4-3 on the season for MCLA. He is now tied for third in the league with four wins.
MCLA is back in action on Tuesday when it hosts Fitchburg State.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- North Adams Arts Commission Ponders Role in 'Public Facing' Art
- Northern Berkshire Coalition Brainstorms Topics for Year
- Distillers See Fertile Ground for Spirits in the Berkshires
- Windsor Lake Commission Eyeing Major Campground Updates
- North Adams Library Trustees Firm on Cariddi Fund Use
- North Adams Recognizes 'Hello Week,' Childhood Cancer Month