PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- One year after the Pittsfield American Little League All-Stars came within a game of going to Williamsport, most of the players from that group are poised to make another run -- this time as Babe Ruth 13-year-old All-Stars.
The Pittsfield 13s next week head to Stamford, Conn., for the New England Regional and a shot at the Babe Ruth World Series later this summer.
To prepare, the team cruised through a travel schedule in the Eastern New York Baseball League, going 10-1 and outscoring opponents 104-22 along the way.
Evan Blake leads the Pittsfield 13s with an eye-popping .800 batting average and five home runs. He has 20 hits and 24 RBIs this summer.
Nick Brindle collected 13 hits and 11 RBIs for a .448 average, and Anthonio Scalise is batting .417 with nine RBIs.
Three other members of the team are hitting .300 or better: Owen Salvatore (.318), Christian Salzarulo (.300) and Walker Abdallah (.333).
Blake has been the ace of the pitching staff, compiling a 5-0 record. Salzarulo (2-0), Cam Sime (2-0) and Brayden Gutzmer (1-0) also are undefeated.
The PIttsfield Babe Ruth 13s include 10 players from last year’s state champion Pittsfield AL squad, four players from the Pittsfield National League and one player from Hancock.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- New Pittsfield Public Schools Announce Transition Plans For In-Person Learning
- New Pittsfield Seeks Input For Draft Bicycle Facilities Master Plan
- Pittsfield Housing Authority Welcomes New Executive Director
- Mount Greylock Tapping Reserves to Cover High Cost of COVID-19 Expenses
- PARB Awaiting State Guidance To Inform Use Of Force Policy Changes
- Pittsfield ZBA Takes No Action On Cell Tower Petition