WESTFIELD, Mass. -- The Pittsfield Babe Ruth 15-year-old All-Stars exploded for 14 runs in the third inning en route to a 16-4 win over Westfield on Thursday to open the best-of-three Western Mass State Championship series.
Michael Britten, Sam Sherman and Jonathan Monahan each had a single and a double.
Owen Kroboth had a triple and a pair of RBIs, and Nick Hall drove in two with a single.
Sherman also was the winning pitcher, allowing three hits and giving up a run in four innings of work. Kaden Codey pitched the fifth.
Pittsfield hosts Westfield on Friday at 5:30 at Deming Park. If necessary, the teams will meet again on Saturday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- New Leadership, Networking Program Maintains, Expands Ties During Pandemic
- New Pittsfield Council Wastes No Time Approving 10 Budget Sections
- Pittsfield High Announces Class Speakers & Top 10
- Pittsfield Subcommittee Makes Changes to Sewer & Drains Amendment
- Pizzeria to Open in Former Daddyo's Diner on East Street
- Pittsfield High Schools Set June 7 for Virtual Graduation