PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- Shane Bernardo Friday pitched the Pittsfield Babe Ruth 15-year-old All-Stars to a 12-1 win over Westfield and a Western Mass State Championship at Deming Park.
Pittsfield earned a 2-0 sweep in the best-of-three series and will carry the region's banner into next week's New England Regional at Westfield's Bullens Field.
For the second straight game, a big inning was the difference for Pittsfield. On Friday, it scored 10 in the third inning en route to a five-inning decision.
Owen Kroboth drove in four runs with a double and a single.
Mike Zwinglestein and Sam Sherman had two hits apiece, and Stevie Zuccalo and Nolan Degroff each had a single.
Pittsfield will face the Eastern Mass champions on Friday at 11:30 a.m. in the regional.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New Pittsfield Housing Authority Welcomes New Executive Director
- New Mount Greylock Tapping Reserves to Cover High Cost of COVID-19 Expenses
- PARB Awaiting State Guidance To Inform Use Of Force Policy Changes
- Pittsfield ZBA Takes No Action On Cell Tower Petition
- Pittsfield School Officials Affirm Decision on Braves' Replacement
- Pittsfield School Cafeteria Workers Seek Answers on Employment