MYSTIC, Conn. -- Hoosac Valley High School graduate Matt Koperniak went 3-for-4 with a home run, a double and five RBIs Monday to lead the North Adams SteepleCats to a 6-2 win over Mystic on Monday in New England Collegiate Baseball League action.
Koperniak raised his batting average to .434 this season and hit his second homer and 21st double in 22 games.
Andrew Pedone went 2-for-5 at the plate with the Cats' other RBI.
Joseph Kemlage earned the win with four innings of scoreless relief of starter Alex Gomes. The pair combined to strike out 10 Schooners.
North Adams (18-10) takes a two-game winning streak into Tuesday's game at New Bedford.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- Trustees Tour Conditions at North Adams Library
- Jack's Hot Dog Contest Crowns Local Champ, Raises Charity Funds
- North Adams Peebles Store Changing Name, Focus
- 'Guardians' Sculptures Being Removed from Natural Bridge Park
- Planning Board Recommends Zoning Change for Former Church Lot
- Berkshire Business Interns Recognized for Summer Efforts