DALTON, Mass. -- The Berkshire Force 10-and-under team Sunday scored 14 runs in the bottom of the first en route to a forfeit win in the title game of the 10th annual Dalton CRA Softball Tournament.
Mia DeJesus earned a perfect game of sorts, striking out the side in the top of the first.
After the Force rolled to its big inning in the bottom of the frame, its opponents from Latham, N.Y., threw in the towel and went home.
A.J. Pelkey and Madison Barber each had a pair of hits in the tournament-winning rally.
Earlier in the day, Pelkey hit a two-run homer in the Force' 8-0 win over Chatham, N.Y., to get to the title game.
Sunday's tournament win was the final travel season tune-up for the Force before it leaves for Florida and the Babe Ruth World Series at the end of this week.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- Kennealy Points to Lack of Quality Housing as Economic Threat
- Dalton Hall Honorees 'Humbled' by Experience
- Junior Achievement Recognizes Founder Murray Crane
- Dalton Fire Dedicates New Engine, Honors Member's Heroic Effort
- Education, Census, Opioid Task Force Highlights In State Budget For Mark
- Habitat Dedicates Dalton Home To 'Grateful' Family