LENOX, Mass. -- The Massachusetts State Soccer Referee Committee will hold a new Grade 8 course on Sunday, Aug. 4, at the Hampton Inn on Pittfield Road (Route 7).
The U.S. Soccer entry-level course will be led by a U.S. Soccer-certified instructor.
The course is in three parts. Students are required to complete the following:
1. Online study modules (approximately 4-6 hours work). To allow for verification, the modules must be completed a minimum 72 hours before classroom attendance.
2. Eight hours classroom attendance
3. A test on the laws of the game, completed in the classroom - passing grade 80%.
The class runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., including testing. Students should wear appropriate clothing and bring a lunch.
Participants must be at least 14 years old on the day of the course and must upload a full-face headshot to their Massref account. Participants aged 17 and older as of Dec. 31, 2019, also must provide a government-issued i.d. (like a driver's license) for validation.
The cost is $115, which includes registration, administration and course fees. The course must be prepaid; participants' seats are not reserved until payment is received.
U.S. Soccer-affiliated leagues can only assign U.S. Soccer-certified referees.
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- MIAA's COVID-19 Task Force Releases Fall Sports Modifications
- MIAA Board Approves Calendar that Shifts Football to February, Nixes Fall...
- State Outlines Modifications Needed to Make Fall Sports Happen
- MIAA Board: No Fall Sports Until Sept. 14 at the Earliest
- Lenox Memorial Graduates Emerging Into a New World
- New Book Looks at History, Work of Shakespeare & Company