WESTFIELD, Mass. -- The Pittsfield Babe Ruth Baseballl 13-year-old All-Stars Saturday rallied for three runs in the bottom of the sixth to earn a 3-2 win over Hawaii Kai, Hawaii, in the World Series at Bullens Field.
The Pacific Southwest Champions took a 1-0 lead in the first and led by one run until Pittsfield rallied to go on top, 3-1.
The win gives Pittsfield, the New England Champion, a 2-0 record midway through pool play.
Pittsfield Sunday evening faces Southeast Regional Champ Greenville, N.C., (1-1), before closing pool play Monday afternoon against Pacific Northwest Champ Spokane, Wash., (1-1).
Hawaii and Centre County, Pa., both sit tied for fourth in the tournament's National Division at 1-2 through three games.
The top three teams in each of the World Series' two five-team divisions advance to bracket play that begins on Tuesday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New Pittsfield Man Charged with Setting A-Mart Convenience Store Blaze
- Pittsfield Students Receive Superintendent Award
- Pittsfield Mayoral Candidates Debate Education Issues
- Innovation Center on Schedule For January Opening
- Pittsfield City Council Accepts Grant Funds For Electric Car
- Welcome to Wayfair: Dignitaries, Business Leaders Celebrate Opening