AUSTIN, Texas -- A rough start left Waubeeka Golf Links pro Erik Tiele with some work to do after one round of the 31st Senior PGA Professional Championship.
Starting on the 10th tee at the Barton Creek Resort and Spa's Coore Crenshaw Course, Tiele made the turn at 8-over after a front nine that included a pair of double bogeys.
He made his first birdie of the day on his 11th hole, the par-4 No. 2.
He ended the day with a 10-over 80 and stands tied for 255th place in the field.
After Round 2 on Friday, the field will be cut to the low 90 plus ties. The top 70 will make it into the fourth round on Sunday.
Frank Bensel Jr., of Florida's Century Golf Club leads the field after Day 1 with a 7-under par that he earned on Barton Creek's Fazio Foothills Course, where Tiele will compete on Friday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- New Historical Echo, Irony in Williams College Cancellations
- Williamstown Commons COVID-19 Contagion Spreads
- Williams College Cancels Commencement, Reunion Weekend
- Legislators Continue to Plug Away at Budget, Virus-Related Issues
- Williamstown's Images Cinema Offers Movies at Home During Shutdown
- Mount Greylock Continues Teacher Talks Over Remote Learning