NORTH ADAMS, Mass. -- The Fisher College women's basketball team placed three players in double figures as the Falcons used a strong second half to pull away from MCLA for a 67-46 win on Tuesday night.
After one quarter of action it was tied at 17-17. Fisher (7-5) owned a 32-27 edge at halftime, but then outscored MCLA 35-19 over the final two quarters to pull away.
With the score at 34-29 after trading baskets to open the half, the Falcons outscored MCLA, 8-2, over the next few minutes to take a 42-31 lead. Eventually the Falcons led, 49-38, heading to the final quarter of play. MCLA (2-4) got no closer than 10 points over the final quarter as Fisher continued to build their lead and cruise home.
Fisher was paced by Jenny-Lynn Eggers' team best 17 point night. Vivian Lara collected 15 points while Lauren Allen ended with 12.
MCLA was paced by Kylah Langston's team-best 17-point night. The Trailblazers were hurt by 24 turnovers and shot just 32% from the floor in defeat.
MCLA is back in action on Sunday at noon when it hosts Trinity.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- Berkshire Food Project Recognizes Hours Put in by Volunteers
- Man Sentenced to Life for Murder of Christa Steele-Knudslien
- Weekend's Looking Warmer But Will Bring Mix of Snow & Rain
- McGuire Sets Drury All-Time Scoring Mark, Scores 52 in Narrow Win
- North Adams Councilors Tour Sullivan School
- Governor Baker Delivers 2020 State of the Commonwealth Address