WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Elizabeth Welch scored with about six minutes left to give the Williams College women's hockey team a 2-1 win over Amherst on Saturday.
The Ephs (7-4-2) took a lead late in the second period when Maddie Tix scored with assists from Brynn Puppe and Mia Carroll.
Amherst (8-3-3) tied it midway through the third, but Welch scored the game-winner with assists from Kelly McCarthy and Georgia Keogh.
Chloe Heiting made 26 saves to earn the win in goal.
Williams goes to St. Anselm on Tuesday.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Plattsburgh State came back from a two-goal deficit to tie Williams, 2-2.
Mac Carso and Myles Cunningham scored goals for Williams, which got 23 saves from Cosimo Lazzarino.
Williams (9-4-1) goes to Colby on Friday.
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Mikaela Topper scored 18 points to lead Williams to an 80-48 win over Colby.
Maddy Mandyck scored 10 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
The Ephs (13-4, 2-2 NESCAC) go to Amherst on Wednesday.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Sam Jefferson scored 33 points to lead undefeated Colby to a 73-61 win over Williams.
Matt Karpowicz scored 26 points, including the 1,000th of his Williams career.
The Ephs (8-8, 2-2) go to Amherst on Wednesday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New Williams Inn Combines Food & Brew for Youth Center Benefit
- Williamstown Needs Candidates for May's Town Election
- Mount Greylock Likely to Stay with Winter/Spring Vacation Weeks
- Veteran Spotlight: Williamstown Couple Find Career, Each Other, in Army
- No Hazards Identified in Air Testing at Mount Greylock School
- 'Venting Issues' Force Closure of Mount Greylock Regional School