Owen Gagne went 5-for-9 with three doubles and threw a complete game win on the mound over the weekend to help the Lanesborough Bulldogs 16-and-under travel team go 3-1 in its opening weekend.
Catcher Derek Paris was 5-for-12 at the plate with a homer, a triple, a double and seven RBIs in the four games. Landen Jamula was 4-for-11 with three doubles.
In Gagne’s Sunday win, a four-inning, 11-4 decision, he struck out five, walked none and allowed one earned run.
Jack Cangelosi struck out nine and walked two while giving up two earned runs in six innings of an 8-4 win on Sunday. He threw three innings of shutout ball, striking out six and allowing one hit in an 8-1 Lanesborough win on Saturday.
The Bulldogs Thursday, Friday and Saturday return to action at the New England Baseball Complex field in Northborough.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- State Outlines Modifications Needed to Make Fall Sports Happen
- Lanesborough's King Elmer Treated for Broken Limbs
- First-Responder Profiles: EMS Director Jen Weber
- MIAA Board: No Fall Sports Until Sept. 14 at the Earliest
- Lanesborough Hoping to Reopen Recycling Process Soon
- Lanesborough's 'King Elmer' Inoculated Against Dutch Elm Disease