WINDSOR, Conn. -- The Greylock Thunder 18-and-under travel softball team went 1-5 at this weekend's USSSA Northeast National Championships to slip to 11-17-3 this summer.
Greylock's win came on Friday, a 7-4 victory over the Comets at Fastpitch Nation Park.
Alyssa Mercier went 2-for-2 at the plate with a double and a pair of RBIs. Madi Puppolo also doubled and finished the game 2-for-3.
Alexa Kinley drove in a pair of runs in the win.
Puppolo went the distance in the circle, striking out seven and walking none in five innings.
Greylock very nearly made it two wins in a row in its first game on Saturday, but the Empire State Huskies jumped out to a 3-0 lead and prevailed, 4-3.
Mary Lee drove in a pair of runs, and Rylie Bishop doubled in the other RBI in a three-run fifth-inning rally.
Witek and Mercier split time in the circle in the loss, striking out a pair between them.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- Adams Officials Seeking Safe Way to Celebrate Halloween
- Adams Board of Health Addresses Open Meeting Law Issue
- Adams Mourning Loss of Selectman James Bush
- Adams Selectmen OK Warrant for Outdoors Annual Town Meeting
- Adams Aces Take BABL 35-Year-Old Title
- MIAA's COVID-19 Task Force Releases Fall Sports Modifications