Leadoff man Evan Heath walked three times, stole a pair of bases and scored twice to help lead Lee to a 5-4 win over Pittsfield in the Pittsfield Babe Ruth 16-18 league on Saturday.
Heath also struck out six in six innings of work to get the win on the mound. Cam Redstone pitched the seventh to put the game away.
Dylan Ely and Redstone each had hits for Lee. Redstone's single in the third helped fuel a three-run rally that gave Lee a 5-0 lead.
Pittsfield rallied with a pair of runs in the fourth and two more in the top of the seventh.
In the fourth, Owen Gutzmer doubled and Mike Grady singled.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- MIAA's COVID-19 Task Force Releases Fall Sports Modifications
- MIAA Board Approves Calendar that Shifts Football to February, Nixes Fall...
- State Outlines Modifications Needed to Make Fall Sports Happen
- MIAA Board: No Fall Sports Until Sept. 14 at the Earliest
- Lee High School Names Top Students for Graduation 2020
- Taconic Boys Reach Third Straight State Final