Aladco Dryer Fire Quickly Extinguished
ADAMS, Mass. — The Fire Department responded to a possible dryer fire at Aladco that was largely under control upon arrival.
The call came in a little after 10 a.m. Monday. Fire Chief John Pansecchi said the quick-thinking staff at Aladco were on the possible fire immediately.
"They were quick to react, and they hit it with an extinguisher," he said. "When we got there it was out."
Pansecchi said firefighters checked the dryer and the roof after the incident.
"We wanted to make sure it was all cleaned out and nothing was smoldering up there," he said.
Pansecchi said there was no substantial damage because Aladco staff were so quick to extinguish the fire. He said they have protocols in place for such situations.
"They know what to do there and they have a good crew," he said. "They jumped right on it and got their employees out."
Pansecchi said what sounded like a potentially quickly escalating situation was under control. He said, still, when the call came in he hopped there were volunteers available.
"I just hoped we had people in town today," he said.