Mya Duhamel, 16, from Pittsfield, competed in the Junior Gold Championships in Indianapolis, Ind, this summer.
The event had more than 3,000 total juniors, competing in four different age brackets. Duhamel bowled in the under-18 girls division with 559 other competitors and finished in 49th place after 16 games in four different bowling centers throughout Indianapolis.
From there, Mya moved on to the first advancers round and finished in 39th, which meant she was on to the final advancers round and needed to place in the Top 16 to compete in match play. But after 10 games she maintained her 39th position and her run was over.
Duhamel now bowls out of Del Lanes in Delmar N.Y., regularly bowls in tournaments throughout New England and New York. She earned her spot in this tournament by winning a tournament in Auburn, Mass. in 2020. This was her fourth Junior Gold tournament and her best finish.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Tavern at A Granted Entertainment License Over Neighbor Opposition
- MassDOT Holding Hearings on East Street, Holmes Road Projects
- Mountain Biking Program Designed to Build Confidence in Girls
- Wally the Stegosaurus Returns to Berkshire Museum
- Pittsfield Fire Department to Host National Firefighter Challenge
- Pittsfield 10-Year-Olds Come Back, Walk Off with Little League State Title