LACONIA, N.H. -- Jon Kozarian hit a grand slam Thursday to lead the North Adams SteepleCats to a 6-5 win over the Winnipesaukee Muskrats in the New England Baseball League.
Kozarian's fifth-inning homer helped North Adams take a 5-2 lead.
The hosts clawed back to within one going to the seventh.
But Lucas Donlon doubled home Kozarian to give the SteepleCats a 6-4 lead.
Samuel Bennett earned the win on the mound, striking out eight and walking three while allowing three earned runs in five innings of work. Camden Lovrich struck out five in four innings of two-run relief.
North Adams (16-13-2) hosts Sanford, Maine on Friday evening at Joe Wolfe Field.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- North Adams Council Will Wait to Fill Two Seats at Election
- North Adams Schools Invest in Smartboard Technology
- Update: MCLA Campus Police Arrest Student After Active Shooter Threat Alert...
- McCann Tech Unveils School Building Upgrades
- Recollections of 9/11: North County
- North Adams Mayoral Debate Scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 16