WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vt. -- It will be win or go home for the North Adams SteepleCats on Thursday evening at Joe Wolfe Field.
The ‘Cats fell to the Upper Valley Nighthawks, 10-1, on Wednesday in the first game of their best-of-three New England Collegiate Baseball League playoff series.
North Adams will have to win on Tuesday to force a winner-take-all finale Friday in the Northern Division semi-final round.
Luca Trigiani went 3-for-4 with a pair of triples and an RBI to lead Upper Valley’s offense, which pounded out 14 hits against five different North Adams pitchers.
Monument Mountain graduate Jared Henry walked one and struck out one in a scoreless eighth inning.
Brandon Hylton went 2-for-4 with a double, and John Marti drove in a run for North Adams.
First pitch Thursday at Joe Wolfe Field is at 6:30 p.m.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- North Adams Council Will Wait to Fill Two Seats at Election
- North Adams Schools Invest in Smartboard Technology
- Update: MCLA Campus Police Arrest Student After Active Shooter Threat Alert...
- McCann Tech Unveils School Building Upgrades
- Recollections of 9/11: North County
- North Adams Mayoral Debate Scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 16