ADAMS, Mass. -- Records were set in the men's and women's divisions of the 101st Forest Park Country Club Championship over Labor Day weekend.
Chad Alibozek compiled a three-day gross total of 207, bettering by two strokes the mark set by Chad Rusek in 2002, to win the men's title.
On the women's side, Angie Linger (175 gross) won her sixth club championship, the most in the women's division.
Tom Wiencek won the senior men's championship with a 156 gross.
The awards ceremony to close the weekend saw the men's club title named for Leo Romanos Jr.
Romanos won a club-record 12 championships over four decades in addition to being a long-time member of the club's board and a coordinator of club championships and other events.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Adams Altering Two Precincts to Reflect Changes in Population
- Adams Council on Aging Director to Leave Position
- Memorial Building Project Awarded to Rhode Island Developer
- Hoosac Valley Regional School District COVID-19 Free
- Adams Selectmen to Determine Memorial School Developer
- Adams Board of Health Orders Demolition of Valley Street House