WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- The St. Lawrence women's basketball team held off a furious comeback by Williams to escape with a 65-64 win on Friday night in the Morin Memorial Tournament.
Katie Frederick and Sierra Sanson each scored 14 for St. Lawrence, which had a 55-42 lead going to the fourth quarter.
Maggie Meehan scored 25 points, and Maddy Mandyck had 13 rebounds for Williams (2-2), which hosts Framingham State on Saturday afternoon.
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Jacob Monroe scored midway through the second period to lead Williams to a 1-0 win over Colby in Friday's season-opener.
Evan Ruschil stopped 43 shots to earn the shutout in goal.
Williams (1-0) goes to Bowdoin on Saturday.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Lexi Cafiero scored a pair of goals to lead Colby to a 3-0 win over Williams.
Chloe Heiting stopped 28 shots for Williams (0-1), which hosts the Mules again on Saturday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- Mount Greylock School Committee Advances Natural Grass Playing Field Plan
- Williamstown's Community Preservation Committee Facing Four Applications
- County Protests Counter Christian Nationalism, Support Democracy
- Williamstown Resident Injured, Dog Killed in Traffic Incident
- Williamstown Fire District, Architect Still Without Contract
- Williamstown 2021: An Interim Kind of Year