ACA Enrollment Open, CHP Available to Assist

Print Story | Email Story
GREAT BARRINGTON, Mass. — The deadline for enrollment in state-subsidized ACA health insurance plans is Jan. 23, and the Community Health Program enrollment team is available to assist customers.
Unlike in previous years, the Open Enrollment period will not be extended this year in Massachusetts. However, federal COVID-19 relief funding provides qualified applicants with additional monthly premium assistance. 
William Cruz, who heads up the CHP insurance enrollment team, said his staff is booking appointments to help people who need to sign up for ACA plans for the first time, and others who want to review their existing ACA plans. 
"We want people to make sure that they can get new insurance if they need it, and to keep the insurance they already have," said Cruz.
The Open Enrollment team is also available for a wide range of insurance help and support throughout the year -- not just during the annual Open Enrollment period.
Health insurance is mandatory for Massachusetts residents, and the Massachusetts Health Connector program connects residents with plans serving their geographical region.
For an appointment with a CHP enrollment specialist, call (413) 717-6268, or email
0 Comments welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to

Great Barrington 2022 Annual Town Census

GREAT BARRINGTON, Mass. — The town urges all residents to "be counted" for the 2022 town census by returning a completed census form to Town Hall. Residents should have received a census form in their mail in mid-December.
State law mandates this annual street listing (town census) of residents as of Jan. 1 of each year. 
Residents should return the form by mail, in person or at the Town Clerk's drop box outside Town Hall which is accessible 24/7. Anyone in need of assistance with the form is asked to contact the Town Clerk's Office, (413) 528-1619 ext. 2100. The form can also be scanned and emailed to
Anyone who may have lost their form, or would like to obtain a new one, may contact Town Hall or visit the Town Clerk's page on the town website.
View Full Story

More South Berkshire Stories