|2012 - 2013|
HOOSAC VALLEY BOYS SOCCER
- Nov 02 - Hampshire Puts an End to Hoosac's Strong Season
The Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team went 5-0-1 over its final six games of the season, but the Hurricanes' offense went cold on Friday, resulting in a 3-0 road loss to Hampshire in the first round of the Division 2 Western Mass. tournament.
- Oct 27 - Hurricanes Finish Strong with Win over Braves
A goal by senior Nick Ryan in the 57th minute gave the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team a 1-0 win at Taconic on Saturday, capping off a great final week of the regular season for the Hurricanes.
- Oct 25 - Hoosac Ties Lee, Clinches South Division Title
A 2-2 tie with Lee wasn't the most desired outcome, but it was enough for the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to clinch the South Division title on Thursday.
- Oct 22 - Ryan's Hat Trick Clinches Playoff Spot for 'Canes
Senior Nick Ryan continued his recent hot streak on Monday night, netting a hat trick to lead the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to a 3-0 win over Drury at Renfrew Field.
- Oct 18 - Hoosac Blanks Everett for Third Straight Win
Senior Nick Ryan scored a pair of goals, while junior Sean Ryan-Kut added a goal and an assist to help the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to a 3-0 home win over Mount Everett on Thursday.
- Oct 15 - 'Canes Prevail in Shootout with St. Joe's
Junior Sean Ryan-Kut headed in cross from senior Nick Ryan in the 78th minute, breaking a 3-3 tie and lifting the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to a pivotal 4-3 win over St. Joe's on Monday.
- Oct 13 - Ryan's Two Goals Lifts Hoosac over Wahconah
Staring down a three-game losing streak, senior Nick Ryan scored two goals in the second half to carry the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to a 3-0 road win over Wahconah on Saturday.
- Oct 11 - Spartans Sprint by 'Canes after Halftime
The Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team hung tough with Monument Mountain for half the game, but a penalty-kick goal by senior Ian Akers shortly after halftime was the turning point in the Spartans' 3-0 win on the road.
- Oct 04 - Lee Rallies to Earn Win over Hoosac
Aided by goals from Gabriel Nogueira and Jose Meija, the Lee boys' soccer team rallied from a 1-0 deficit to defeat Hoosac Valley 2-1 at home on Thursday.
- Oct 01 - Slow Start Costs 'Canes in Loss to Generals
Claudio Velez and Caesar Miranda each scored a goal within the first eight minutes of the game on Monday, giving the Pittsfield boys' soccer team all the scoring it would need to earn a 2-0 home win over Hoosac Valley.
- Sep 28 - Hoosac Hangs In, Earns Tie With Wahconah
The Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team nearly pulled off the upset, but an own goal in the 75th minute allowed Wahconah to salvage a 1-1 tie on the road on Friday.
- Sep 24 - Strong First Half Powers 'Canes Past Crusaders
Seniors Matt Bresett and Nick Ryan each had a goal and an assist in the first half, sparking the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to a 3-0 win at St. Joe's on Monday.
- Sep 21 - Late Push Lifts Hoosac Over Mount Everett
Despite a tough challenge from Mount Everett, the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team scored a pair of goals in the final three minutes of the game to earn a 3-1 win on the road on Friday.
- Sep 14 - 'Canes Fade in Second Half, Lose to Millionaires
The defensive strategy of the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team was working pretty well in the first half of its game against Lenox on Friday. The Millionaires got a little more creative on offense in the second half, however, scoring four goals after halftime to pull away for a 5-0 win at home.
- Sep 11 - Greylock Finds a Way Past Hoosac
Senior Nathan Majumder's goal off an assist from freshman Benni McComish in the ninth minute was enough for the Mount Greylock boys’ soccer team to earn a hard-fought 1-0 win over Hoosac Valley on Tuesday.
- Sep 06 - Hurricanes Stay Hot in Win over Devils
The offense of the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team came out swinging on Thursday, scoring three goals in first 11 minutes to pace the Hurricanes to a 4-0 win at rival Drury.
- Sep 04 - Hoosac Boys Roll in Bermudez's Debut
Junior Sean Ryan-Kut and sophomore David Haley each scored twice in the first half to spark the Hoosac Valley boys' soccer team to an 8-0 win over Hampden Charter in the Hurricanes' home opener on Tuesday afternoon.