State Police Traffic Stop Turns Up Bags of Heroin
State Police say the confiscated 83 bags of heroin as the result of a traffic stop on State Street in North Adams.
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — A North Adams woman is facing multiple drug charges after a routine police stop turned up 83 bags of heroin.
State Police arrested Cassandra McInnis, 26, at about 5:25 p.m. on Saturday.
Trooper Thomas Cusak of the Cheshire Barracks said he was on patrol on State Street when his attention was drawn to McInnis' 1999 Chevrolet sedan. As a result of a motor vehicle stop and subsequent investigation by Trooper Cusak, with the assistance of Trooper Zachary Wood, McGinnis was arrested and charged with the following:
1) Possession with Intent to Distribute Class A Narcotics (heroin)
2) Intent to distribute narcotics within a school/park zone
3) Being present where heroin is kept
4) Conspiracy to violate the narcotics law
5) Various motor vehicle violations
McInnis was scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.