PUBLIC HEALTH CLINICS: VNA & Hospice of Northern Berkshire offers blood pressure and blood sugar screening, medication reviews, heights and weights, and health teaching. Information: 413-664-4536.
- North Adams: Tuesday, March 11, Thursday, March 13, Tuesday, March 25 and Thursday, March 27, from 3-4 p.m. at the VNA, 99 Hospital Ave., at NARH. St. Joseph's Court, Wednesday, March 12, 9:30-10:30 a.m.; the Spitzer Center, Tuesday, March 18, 9-11 a.m.; Walmart, Wednesday, March 19, 10-noon; and at the NARH lobby, Wednesday, March 5, 1-3 p.m.
- Adams: Barrett House, Wednesday, March 5, 10-11, Valley Street Apartments, Thursday, March 13, 10-11 a.m.; at Millhouse Apartments, Wednesday, March 19, 10-11 a.m.; and at the Adams Council on Aging, Wednesday, March 26, 10-11 a.m.
RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVES: To donate you must be over 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, have relatively good health and have a donor card or driver's license, or two other forms of ID.
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP FOR ADULTS: Hospice Services of Western Massachusetts will provide a six-person group on Tuesdays from Feb. 11 through March 18 from 4-5 p.m. The group will meet at Moments House, now located at 34 Depot St. in Pittsfield. Register by calling Chaplain Dennis Castella at 413-442-0045.
- American Legion, 91 American Legion Drive, North Adams, Wednesday, March 5, 11-4
- American Legion, 258 North St., Dalton, Thursday, March 6, 11-4
- Hoosac Valley High School, 125 Savoy Road, Cheshire, 8 - 1
- Berkshire Mall, 8 Old State Road, Lanesborough, Saturday, March 22, 9-2
- St. Joseph's Church, 414 North St., Pittsfield, Monday, March 24, 1-6
- First Congregational Church, 42 Park St., Adams, Tuesday, March 25, 1-6
- Mount Everett Regional School, 491 Berkshire School Road, Sheffield, Thursday, March 27, 9-2
NORTHERN BERKSHIRE HEALTHCARE STROKE SUPPORT GROUP: The group will meet Thursday, Feb. 13, at the Spitzer Center on Ashland Street in North Adams at noon. The group is free and open to those recoveringfrom a stroke, family members and caregivers. Space is limited, to register or for more info, call 413-664-5326. Laurie Therrien, patients account manager at NARH, will speak to the group about insurance co-pays and related subjects.
FREE DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP: Reach for Community Health will offer a diabetes support group on the third Saturday every month at noon. Meetings will be held in the ground floor conference room near the North Adams Regional Hospital cafeteria. For more information, contact dietitians Kristin Irace at 413-664-5266 or Melissa Davis at 413-664-5263.
MONTHLY CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP: The group will meet on the last Thursday of every month from 2 to 3 at Sugar Hill Senior Living Community, located on 45 Main St. in Dalton. Neurologist Dr. Jay Ellis will lead the groups and is available for caregivers, family and friends of those with dementia and memory impairments. This group offers mutual support, education and the latest medical advances to asssist those with dementia. For more info, call 413-684-0100.
HEALTHY JOINTS WORK SHOP: The workshop will be held on Thursday, Feb. 13, from 5:30 to 7 at Springside of Pittsfield Rehab & Skilled Care Center, 255 Lebanon Ave., Pittsfield. Dr. Herbert O. Bote from BErkshire Orthopedics Association, Inc., will discuss ways to stay active with sore joints, eating tips for joint health and treatment modalities, as well as provide excerise demonstrations for balance, mobility, strengthening and transfers. Refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, contact Springside's Admission's Office at 413-499-2334.