PUBLIC HEALTH CLINICS: VNA & Hospice of Northern Berkshire offers blood pressure and blood sugar screening, medication reviews, heights and weights, and health teaching. Information: 413-664-4536.
FREE FLU CLINICS:
- North Adams: Tuesday, Dec. 3, Thursday, Dec. 5, Tuesday, Dec. 17, , and Thursday, Oct. 24, from 3-4 p.m. at the VNA, 99 Hospital Ave., at NARH. St. Joseph's Court, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 9:30-10:30 a.m.; the Spitzer Center, Tuesday, Dec. 17, 9-11 a.m.; Walmart, Wednesday, Dec. 18, 10-noon; and at the NARH lobby, Wednesday, Dec. 18, 1-3 p.m.
- Adams: Barrett House, Wednesday, Dec. 4, from 10-11 a.m.; Valley Street Apartments, Thursday, Dec. 12, 10-11 a.m.; at Millhouse Apartments, Wednesday, Dec. 18, 10-11 a.m.; and at the Adams Council on Aging, Thursday, Dec. 19, 10-11 a.m.
- In Adams, vaccines will be offered at the Barrett House Apartments on Friday, Oct. 11 from 10-noon; Columbia Valley Apartments, Friday, Oct. 18, 10 a.m.-noon; Millhouse Apartments, Tuesday, Oct. 22, 10 a.m.-noon; and at the Adams Council of Aging, Friday, Oct. 25, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Anyone 18 or older can participate.
- In North Adams, vaccines will be offered at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 28, from 3 to 7 p.m. Anyone 6 months or older can participate. Children must have a parent/guardian accompanying them. Bring your insurance cards if you have them. Wear short sleeves.
NARH, BERKSHIRE HEALTH SYSTEMS BLOOD DRIVE: The drive will take place at NARH on Monday, Nov. 25, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call the BHS Bloodmobile at 413-447-2597, ext. 2. Walk-in donors are welcome also.
Donors should be in good health the day of the drive, at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors should not have given blood in the previous 8 weeks.
RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVES: To donate you must be over 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, have relatively good health and have a donor card or driver's license, or two other forms of ID.
NORTHERN BERKSHIRE BRAIN INJURY GROUP, 4TH TUESDAYS FROM 4 TO 6: A collaboration between BFAIR and the BIA-MA (Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts) meets at BFAIR, North Church Street, North Adams. Call 413-443-0200 for questions or planning to attend for the first time.
- Simon's Rock College - Kilpatrick, 84 Alford Road, Great Barrington, Friday, Nov. 1, 1 to 6 p.m.
- American Legion, 91 American Legion Drive, North Adams, Wednesday, Nov. 6, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sheffield Senior Center, 25 Cook Road, Sheffield, Saturday, Nov. 9, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- St. Joseph's Church, 414 North St., Pittsfield, 1-6 p.m.
- Dalton American Legion, 258 North St., Dalton, Thursday, Nov. 14, 11 a.m. - p.m.
- Dalton CRA, 400 Main St., Dalton, Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2-7 p.m.
- Lee Middle and High School, 300 Greylock St., Lee, Monday, Nov. 25, 7:30 a.m.-noon
- Lee First Congregational Church, 25 Park Place, Lee, Friday, Nov. 29, noon-5 p.m.
- Berkshire Mall, Old State Road, Lanesborough, Saturday, Nov. 30, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
DIABETES EDUCATION CLASSES AT BERKSHIRE MEDICAL CENTER: The four classes will run on each Wednesday from Nov. 6 to Dec. 4 at 1-3 p.m. in the BHS Diabetes Education Program offices, located on the third floor of the Medical Arts Complex on 777 North St. Registration and prequalification is required. Register at www.berkshirehealthsystems.org or call 413-395-7942.
BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP: Moments House will offer a bereavement support group starting Tuesday, Sept. 17. Meetings will be held Tuesdays through Oct. 22 from 4–5 p.m. Moments House is located at 194 Fenn St., Pittsfield. Contact Hospice Services of Western Massachusetts at 413-442-0045 to sign up or for more information.
NEW GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP: Moments House, located at 194 Fenn St. in Pittsfield, will host a grief support group every Tuesday from Sept. 17 through Oct. 22. To register, call Chaplain Dennis Castella at 413-442-0042. The group is free of charge, but is limited in enrollment.
STROKE EDUCATION WORKSHOP: This program is free and open to the public. Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served compliments of Springside's executive chef. Register by calling 413-499-2334. Springside is located at 255 Lebanon Ave. in Pittsfield.