|2011 - 2012|
HOOSAC VALLEY BOYS BASKETBALL
- Feb 22 - Warriors Trap Hurricanes in Season Finale
One game after earning its biggest win of the year, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team was held to just five points in the entire first half on its way to a 48-38 loss to Wahconah at home on Wednesday night.
- Feb 20 - Hoosac Savors the Flavor of Victory over Drury
The Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team brought its A game against rival Drury on Monday night, holding the Blue Devils to just 15 points in the first half before holding on for a 51-47 win at Adams Memorial School.
- Feb 17 - Charles in Charge of Braves' Win over 'Canes
Senior Stefan Charles hit six 3-pointers, including three in a critical third-quarter run to carry the Taconic boys' basketball team to a 63-49 win over visiting Hoosac Valley on Friday night.
- Feb 13 - Hoosac Flirts with Upset but Falls to Pittsfield
Leading at home with about three minutes left in the game, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team couldn't execute enough plays down the stretch to avoid losing 49-47 to Pittsfield on Monday night.
- Feb 09 - Ryan-Kut Steps Out in OT Win for 'Canes
Sophomore guard Sean Ryan-Kut had a career night on Thursday, knocking down six 3-pointers on his way to a game-high 20 points to lead the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team to a 57-49 road win over Wahconah.
- Feb 02 - Greylock Smothers Hoosac's Offense in Win
The Mount Greylock boys' basketball team managed one of its best defensive performances of the season on Thursday night, holding Hoosac Valley to just 13 points in the first half on its way to a 48-36 win at home.
- Jan 30 - Hurricanes Have a Hard Time with Wildcats
The Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team's struggles on offense resulted in the Hurricanes' seventh consecutive defeat on Monday night, a 65-33 loss at Lee.
- Jan 27 - Hoosac Drops Tough One to Sabis
Down by nine points at halftime, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team made a nice comeback in the second half only to falter down the stretch in a 59-52 home loss to Sabis on Friday.
- Jan 24 - Bird Breaks Out to Lead Devils over Hurricanes
Junior forward Nolan Bird came up big for his team on Tuesday night, knocking down four 3-pointers on his way to a game-high 23 points to lead the Drury boys' basketball team to a 54-35 home win over rival Hoosac Valley.
- Jan 20 - Hoosac Takes a Step Back in Loss to Taconic
A brutal night of shooting resulted in a season-low scoring output for the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team, which fell hard in a 54-34 home loss to Taconic on Friday night.
- Jan 17 - 'Canes Rally Comes up Short against Generals
Down by 11 points heading into the fourth quarter, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team made a furious comeback before eventually falling 58-56 at Pittsfield on Tuesday night.
- Jan 10 - Hoosac Digs Too Big a Hole Against St. Joe's
The Saint Joseph's boys' basketball team jumped out to a 23-8 lead at the end of the first quarter and never looked back, earning a 67-48 win at Hoosac Valley on Tuesday night.
- Jan 07 - Bravo, Millionaires Overpower Hurricanes
Chris Bravo scored a game-high 29 points for the Lenox boys' basketball team, which broke out for 24 points in the first quarter on its way to a 61-37 win over Hoosac Valley in the Coaches vs. Cancer tournament on Saturday.
- Jan 04 - Puccio Powers Hoosac to First Win of the Year
Junior guard Corey Puccio caught fire from behind the arc on Wednesday, hitting six 3-pointers on his way to a game-high 23 points in the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team's 62-55 win at Monument Mountain.
- Dec 29 - Mounties Outlast 'Canes to Remain Unbeaten
Junior Hank Barrett and sophomore Tyrell Thomas combined to score 39 of the 52 points scored by the Mount Greylock boys' basketball team, helping the Mounties earn a hard-fought 52-47 win over Hoosac Valley on Thursday night.
- Dec 27 - HV Stumbles in Second Half against Greenfield
After playing Greenfield even in the first half, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team hit a wall after the break, struggling to score points in a 54-38 loss on the road on Tuesday.
- Dec 22 - 'Canes Comeback Attempt Falls just Short
Down by 12 points in the third quarter, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team rallied all the way back to earn a last-second chance to win its game against Monument Mountain on Wednesday night. Unfortunately for the Hurricanes, the last shot fell short and they lost 56-54 at home.
- Dec 16 - Hoosac Fades in Second Half to Lose to Putnam
After making strides in a competitive first half against Putnam on Friday, the Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team faded away after halftime, losing 71-41 for its third straight defeat to start the season.
- Dec 13 - Red Raiders Roll Over Hurricanes
The Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team couldn't find an answer to the swarming press of Commerce, losing 81-34 on the road Tuesday night.
- Dec 09 - Poor Second Half Spells Defeat for Hoosac
The Hoosac Valley boys' basketball team started strong in its season-opening game against Belchertown, but a 14-point second half wasn't enough to hold off the Orioles, who earned a 53-42 win at home on Friday night.