Storm Center: Closings and Cancellations
Heavy snowfall is expected to begin Wednesday morning and continue into the evening. Temperatures will be in the 20s and expect roads to be snowpacked and slippery.
Most schools are closed. See full list here.
- Lee Premium Outlets
- Boys & Girls Club closing at 1 p.m.
- Berkshire Museum closed
- All evening programs at the North Adams Armory and skating rink are canceled.
- MountainOne offices closing at 3 p.m.
- Adams Community Bank closing at 3 p.m.
- Greylock Federal Credit Union closing at 2 p.m.
- Berkshire Mall closing at 1 p.m.; Target & Regal Cinemas still open
- Williamstown Town Hall, library & Harper Center closed at noon
- Pittsfield government meetings tonight are canceled.
- Clarksburg Planning Board meeting postponed
- NBT Bank closing at 3 p.m.
- Grazie Restaurant in North Adams is closed.
North Adams has declared a snow emergency from noon Wednesday through 10 a.m. on Thursday. No parking is allowed on the streets between those hours to expedite snow removal.
From Mayor Thomas Bernard:
Pittsfield has declared a snow emergency through Thursday at 7 a.m. Parking restrictions are waived for the McKay Street Garage and the first floor of the Columbus Avenue Garage. Trash pickup is still on schedule.
Greylock Snow Day posted on Tuesday that it has a "high confidence in the early release for all districts in Berkshire County, and a better than 55 percent chance that we get full snow days for all."
Our Wednesday snowstorm is in sight, moving in for tomorrow. Models still agreeing with a jackpot of a foot or more north into the Adirondacks and Vermont, but still some uncertainty around the immediate capital region pic.twitter.com/FDutFIJyd7— Christina Erne (@ChristinaErne) February 6, 2018
Major travel disruptions will unfold as a storm is set to deliver heavy snow and a slippery, icy mix to the midwestern and northeastern United States from Tuesday night to Wednesday night: https://t.co/0iWaR428gv pic.twitter.com/qthBbTY7Ce— AccuWeather (@breakingweather) February 6, 2018
WINTER STORM WARNING in effect for pink shaded counties for Wednesday...HEAVY SNOW likely with 8 to 12 inches and maybe bit more some higher peaks.Bob's storm update coming up beginning Live at 4. pic.twitter.com/pltIVAlzOP— WNYT NewsChannel 13 (@WNYT) February 6, 2018
Tags: bad weather, snow & ice, weather,
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|