SAVOY, Mass. — Firefighters snuffed out Friday what could have been a dangerous fire.
"It could have been [bad] if we didn't get here in time," Savoy Fire Chief Lawrence Ordyna said. "It appeared that it had gotten into the walls and once that determination is make, we call a first-alarm fire."
The chimney fire was quickly snuffed out with fire Departments from Adams, Cheshire, Florida, Windsor, Hinsdale and Plainfield all responded to Main Road home at about noon. The home suffered minimal damage and there were no injuries, Ordyna said.
We show up at hurricanes, budget meetings, high school games, accidents, fires and community events. We show up at celebrations and tragedies and everything in between. We show up so our readers can learn about pivotal events that affect their communities and their lives.
How important is local news to you? You can support independent, unbiased journalism and help iBerkshires grow for as a little as the cost of a cup of coffee a week.