North Adams General Election Set for Nov. 5
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — Nomination papers for mayor, City Council and school committees are available in the city clerks office for the municipal election to be held on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
The deadline to submit nomination papers for signature certification is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 6, in the city clerk's office.
Fifty signatures of registered voters are required to get on the ballot for any of the municipal offices up for election, including mayor.
The nine highest vote-getters for City Council will be elected. There are also two seats up for election for School Committee and for the Northern Berkshire Regional School Committee (McCann).
Any preliminary election would be held on Tuesday, Sept. 24. This would occur if there are more than two candidates for mayor or
VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINES
- Last day to register to vote for Primary Election: Wednesday, Sept. 4
- Last day to register to vote for General Election: Wednesday, Oct. 16
ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Monday, Sept. 23, by noon
- Monday, Nov. 4, by noon
CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORTS DUE
- Report 1: Sept. 20 by 5 p.m.
- Report 2: Oct. 31 by 5 p.m.
- Report 3: Jan. 20, 2014, by 5 p.m.