Music | Other | School Events | Sports / Outdoors | The Clark | Theater | Night Life | Business
|Post your event|
Pittsfield, 2 p.m.
The BCC English department will present its Fall Literary Series workshop called “Adventures in Scholarship Among the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien” with author Wayne G. Hammond in the Koussevitzky small theatre, K-111, on the BCC main campus. This event is free and open to the public. During the forum, Hammond will reveal how, as an enthusiastic reader of Tolkien, he came to be a leading expert on the author, decided on his profession, and found love in the bargain. A rare books specialist at Williams College since 1976 and the director of Williams' Chapin Library since 2015, Hammond has published widely on Tolkien, including the standard bibliography of Tolkien's writings and, with his wife, three books on Tolkien as a visual artist and essential references such as "The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion" and "The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide."
- Berkshire Chorus
- Flavors of America
- 'The First Rainbow Coalition'
- Traditional Danish Acoustic Duo
- Wreath & Sip
- Local Color: Natural Dyeing & Ecoprinting
- Talk on intersection of Buddhist practices, climate issues
- 'Looking and Lunching'
- Oct, 14 - Mountain Day 2019
- Oct, 11 - It?s Mountain Day! 2019
- Sep, 13 - From Soccer to Rugby, Kristi Kirshe ?17 Excels
- Aug, 13 - Garfield House One of Two Passive Houses in State
- Jul, 30 - Assets for Artists