Music | Other | School Events | Sports / Outdoors | The Clark | Theater | Night Life | Business
|Post your event|
Sandisfield, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Join Hannah Fries for a slide show, reading, and discussion about her new book, Forest Bathing Retreat: Find Wholeness in the Company of Trees. People have been retreating to the woods for quiet, meditation, and inspiration for centuries, and recent research finds that time spent in the forest doesn’t just feel good but is, in fact, good for you. Inspired by the Japanese concept of shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing, Hannah combines her own reflections and guided mindfulness exercises with a curated selection of inspirational writing from poets, naturalists, artists, scientists, and thinkers throughout the centuries and across cultures, including Japanese haiku masters, nineteenth-century European Romantics, American Transcendentalists, and contemporary environmentalists. Hannah will read selections from the book accompanied by a slide show of stunning photos. She’ll also talk about the pleasure of working across disciplines and the deep joy that comes from a simple practice of attentiveness. Hannah will be signing copies of the book, which is also available at local bookstores or online at Indiebound.
- The Brothers Size
- Robbins-Zust Family Marionettes
- Aston Magna: Schubert and Beethoven
- 2019 Guthrie Center Troubadour Series Presents Don White
- 2019 Guthrie Center Troubadour Series Presents Ryanhood
- May, 21 - Putting Theory into Practice
- May, 17 - A Life-Changing Incident and What Comes After
- May, 02 - Fellowship Season
- May, 01 - Professor Faison?s Diary Donated to National Archives
- May, 01 - Finding a Path to Poetry