HUDSON, N.Y. -- Collin Merwin went 3-for-3 with a pair of RBIs and struck out seven on the mound Sunday to lead the Pittsfield Babe Ruth 14-and-under travel team to a 12-0 win over the Columbia Clippers.
It was the first game of a double-header sweep by Pittsfield, which shut out Colubmia, 8-0, in the second game and improved to 8-1 this season.
In the first game, Charlie Heimann and Matt Lee each doubled, and Adam Lazits drove in a pair of runs.
Merwin allowed just three hits and walked four in a complete-game, five-inning win.
In the second game, Lee earned the win on the mound, striking out 12 and allowing just one hit in six innings of work.
Lazits came on to pitch a no-hit seventh inning, striking out a pair.
Chase Racine had a big game at the plate, goign 3-for-3. Chase Doyle doubled and drove in a pair of runs, and Nick Guachione doubled, scored twice and picked up an RBI.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Carmel Seeks To Improve Efficiency Of Council With Ward 6 Bid
- Lampiasi Looks To Bring Strong Representation To Pittsfield's Ward 6
- It's Been 100 Years Since Pittsfield Acquired Wahconah Park
- Hamling Seeks To Bring A Diversity Of Experience To Pittsfield Council
- Mele's Mashes Lift Pittsfield Americans to District Title
- Escaped Inmate Taken Into Custody On Robbins Avenue