PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- Shane Bernardo Friday pitched the Pittsfield Babe Ruth 15-year-old All-Stars to a 12-1 win over Westfield and a Western Mass State Championship at Deming Park.
Pittsfield earned a 2-0 sweep in the best-of-three series and will carry the region's banner into next week's New England Regional at Westfield's Bullens Field.
For the second straight game, a big inning was the difference for Pittsfield. On Friday, it scored 10 in the third inning en route to a five-inning decision.
Owen Kroboth drove in four runs with a double and a single.
Mike Zwinglestein and Sam Sherman had two hits apiece, and Stevie Zuccalo and Nolan Degroff each had a single.
Pittsfield will face the Eastern Mass champions on Friday at 11:30 a.m. in the regional.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- 'EforAll' Touches Down in Berkshire County
- Pittsfield's Ward 6 Candidates Vow to Serve Constituents
- Pittsfield Community Development Approves Two Marijuana Cultivator Site...
- Pittsfield Candidates Debate Needs of Ward 5
- Marchetti Wants to Continue Providing 'Professional Leadership' to Council
- Moon Looks to Bring Diverse Views to Council in Re-election Bid