Letter: Re-Elect Gordon Hubbard to Lanesborough Select Board

Letter to the EditorPrint Story | Email Story

To the Editor:

I support the re-election of Gordon Hubbard to the Select Board in the town of Lanesborough.

Mr. Hubbard prepares himself well by reading all the agenda materials before the Select Board meetings. He is very transparent, has no personal agenda, has an open mind and the business acumen that has worked well with the fiscal responsibilities of the Board of Selectmen.

Gordon has attended Planning Board, Zoning Board, Finance Committee, Recreation Committee, Board of Health, and Economic Development Committee meetings and every Business-to-Business Event while serving as a selectman in this town. He is very sincere in his desire to continue serving the community and he has always been courteous and a true gentleman when responding to the public at these meetings.

Given my roles in town government serving on the Economic Development Committee as the chair, member of both the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals and having attended just about every Select Board meeting over the past several years, I’ve witnessed firsthand the differences in the candidates in their preparation for the meetings they are involved in. I've also read Mr. Hubbard's platform, goals, experience, and education on www.reelectgordonhubbard.com.

Gordon is by far the more prepared, experienced, and professional of the two candidates in this race.

The town of Lanesborough has some very serious issues that require the best, most qualified person for the job. Transparency and accountability are very important when running for public office at this high level! Gordon Hubbard is by far that person.

I'll cast my vote on Tuesday, June 21, for Gordon Hubbard, Select Board member for three more years! Your vote is important – remember to vote – get the vote out – remember, every vote has an impact on the future of our town.

Barbara Davis-Hassan
Lanesborough, Mass. 

 

 

 

 


Tags: election 2022,   town elections,   

If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Suspect Arraigned in 'Horrific' Dragging Case

By Brittany PolitoiBerkshires Staff

Complete write-thru 3 p.m., Feb. 18.


District Attorney TimothyShugrue says the community has been 'really upset' by this case. 
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Hancock man has been charged in last week's gruesome dragging that killed 69-year-old William Colbert. 
 
William Gross, 65, was arraigned in Central Berkshire District Court on Wednesday for negligent motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene. He was arrested Monday after police investigators narrowed down the type of car seen on video at the accident scene. 
 
Police say Colbert had fallen in the road at the Francis Avenue and Linden Street intersection on Feb. 10 before he was struck and dragged nearly four miles. His body was found on West Housatonic Street.
 
Gross is being held on $250,000 cash bail in the Berkshire County House of Corrections. District Attorney Timothy Shugrue said the case will go to a grand jury and foresees additional charges being placed. 
 
"I think this community was really upset by this case," Shugrue said while being interviewed by the press after the morning arraignment.  
 
"It's a horrific case, and the fact that someone was fleeing, and there was someone that was stuck there that could have been treated, and potentially in the initial stages, could have been potentially saved." 
 
Colbert was coming from a house on Francis Avenue about 11:30 on Feb. 10 when fell in the road and had trouble getting up, according to Shugrue. 
 
View Full Story

More Pittsfield Stories